9.03.2005

[O]f today

It is seemingly impossible to fathom the events of the past two days. I have literally been working 8-7ish every day since Monday; some days actually starting at 6am, others ending at midnight or later.
This has been the craziest orientation session, and coupled with the disappointment that has been Peer Advising so far, and the twilight zone inspired events of COM, I feel ready to give up, quit, and fly back home...and classes have yet to even begin.

Interesting to note the timestamp on my previous post; Nick hadn't "resigned" from the Coordinator post as of yet. Creeped out by that I am. But I dunno... for a moment it didn't even surprise me. What did surprise me was the others that also "resigned." It has been a frustrating and exhausting few days, as noone in COM will say anything about what happened, claiming they "don't know anything", but everyone knows that is a lie. The rumors are going crazy, and seeing how things have rolled, they appear to be true. Sad I believe, especially since I was literally picked from the outside to work in COM. Now it's going to be all about adjusting to massive changes. I feel as if I'm living an episode of The Twilight nZone as I walk through the halls of that building.

But we'll see how it all develops in the next few days. For now I'll be working more of International Orientation, Parent's Convocation, Matriculation, Splash, the Big Day, and PA stuff. Always an overachieving good time.

I broke my glasses and my mom told me to suck it up and get new ones or try to get them fixed somehow as they paid for the last time it happened...which was three months ago. Great! I'll see what my $50ish can do.

But in more random thoughts:
  • VMA's were intense. Shakira rocked, Kelly shone, R. Kelly bombed, the Killers won, and Coldplay =. For more got to the wife's blog.
  • I wanna buy Tivo. But I'm broke. Not now, but soon, I'll be digital.
  • I need to get Kanye's new CD. I've seriously had no time to get it.
  • Too many materialistic desires. Try to stop I must.
  • I'm on a 'try new things' kick when it comes to food and drinks. So far in love with Strabuck's Passion Lemonade. Oh and no Soda for 10 days and counting.
  • Need to read so many books, and that's not counting my classwork. Esp. Neruda's Memorias.
  • A million things are crazy here, but sadly tragedies like Katrina put things in perspective. I have lived through quite a number of hurricanes, but nothing like what that one has done to St. Louis.
  • I have grown to slowly love Rufus and Bjork. I've always mildly enjoyed their music, but now appreciate their sound so much more. Especially Bjork's Pagan Poetry and Rufus' Natasha. And add Damien Rice's Amie to that list.
  • Liam said yesterday that I was one of those people that knows everyone on campus. I don't want to be 'one of those'. I just know some people. I'm only close with a few anyways.
  • My roomate's back!
  • I need to see The Aristrocrats and like 5 more movies. I don't go to the movies as much as I'd like. :-(
anyways. for now I'm taking things one at a time. Day by day. Other things are going great, like the boy, and the wife being back in town.

Classes in 3 days. Anda....

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your post, if you want to learn how to make easy money at home click here.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home