2.25.2006

[O]f the whole 21 thing


Mark Zupan is behind me
Originally uploaded by Oscalito.

So being 21 is pretty damn fun. Boston has become like a frigid Puerto Rico...you know... if Puerto Rico charged $6 for a Corona. I feel like the social gods have decended upon me after a three year hiatus, and I'm like a 17 year old Puerto Rican discovering the glories of Old San Juan bars.

Boston [and the US] is quite different though. They check your ID EVERYWHERE. I guess it's all about sticking to the law, but it seems that people have such focus on drinking here and going to bars that there's no other choice.

Puerto Rican social life is more about going and having fun with your friends and strangers, not about going out for a drink. The drinking and the bar thing is more of an afterthought to the whole situation. We go to one bar, have a drink, play pool, talk, maybe dance, then keep going. It's so cold here that you need to think long and hard about moving anywhere.

Regardless, it is a blast. I've been to Pour House, T's Pub, Tonic, and Our House. And of course, the BU Pub. On the way, I've picked up some new wingmen, Jared and Xtine, my partners in alcholic crime.

Here's to 80 more days of Jager Bombs and drunken five day marathons!

:

Post a Comment

<< Home