3.23.2005

[O]f an iMix

Currently on my iTunes most played tunes:

-Te Me Puedo Escapar-
Vico C + Cultura Profetica = one hell of a song. This old school Puerto Rican 'poet' teams up with the greatest reggae band from the Island to tell the story of a represed child seeking attention from an uncaring parent. It's an excellent collaboration that successfully merges two different genres

-Obssesion-
Frankie J rides the wave that began with "Oye Mi Canto", singing a catchy Spanglish tune. Nothing too memorable, but fun for now.

-Oh -
Ciara returns with her thirs cut off her album. This time collaborating with Ludacris for a sexy number that seems a bit more of the same, yet I'm not complaining. I'd just like to hear something where it's just her.

-I Believe in You-
Kylie Minogue teams up with Jake Shears for this sensual track reminiscent of her Slow days. Good if only for the bridge.

-One Thing-
A song blowing up all over, yet I find it hard to like. It slowly grows on me, and I caught myself humming it a few days ago. The drums, beat, and singing rhythm is a bit distracting at first, but somehow, it works.

-Luxurious-
Gwen samples B.I.G. for a track about Pimps and Egyptian cotton. It's one of my fav. tracks off her excellent album, and as hot as it gets without being forced.

-Caught Up-
Usher's latest, hottest club track. Catchier than Yeah and more intoxicating than Burn, the track is just...fun.

-Since You've Been Gone-
I've never seen so many ppl get so happy so fast as when this song comes on @ Embassy. Anthem much? Kelly Clarkson just rocks out with the song many artists wish they had.
[And I'm seeing her in concert!]

:

Post a Comment

<< Home